[TenTec] I Guess It's My Turn...

tfr001 at myfairpoint.net tfr001 at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 26 17:14:20 EST 2017

<head>
	<title></title>
</head>
<footer class="signatureContainer">
<pre>> So, I need to get one of the 4 pin male plugs
> to mate with my Ten Tec power supply.  I have long seen these connectors
> discussed here, but I never needed to work with them before.  Now, I
> do.  As I recall, these connectors are AMP mate&lock, but would anyone
> here have the part numbers for the shell and the pins?
> Steve WA9JML

Are they the same as on the Omni?
If so, here's what I found for that...
</pre>

<pre>Here is what I got from Digi-Key. They seem to be the right ones.
Digi-Key # A1452-ND, 4-position plug, $0.217 in qty 10
Digi-Key # A1453-ND, 4-position socket, $0.269 in qty 10
Digi-Key # A97889CT-ND, female crimp pin, $0.063 in qty 10
Digi-Key # A97892CT-ND, male crimp pin, $0.064 in qty 10
You will of course need a crimp tool, unless you want to try to solder these.
At my work, we use Digi-Key # WM9999-ND, which is good for many different sizes of these kind of contacts. $55 if you want your own.
I don't know where TenTec got the 4-conductor zip cord or whatever that stuff is, so you're on your own there.

73, -Tom N1OOQ</pre>
</footer>