[TenTec] Substitute semiconductors for Omni VI XTAL OSC.

Ken Brown kenradiobrown at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:17:05 EDT 2017

The band select crystal oscillator in my Omni VI is not functioning. I am
suspecting a failed semiconductor. Q1, Q2, Q3, D25 and D26 are all likely
suspects. They are not necessarily readily available and I may need to use
substitutes. I wonder if anyone here has experience substituting parts in
this circuit?

Q1 = MPS5179
Q2 = 2N4124
Q3 = MPS6514
D25 = BAT41
D26 = SVC321SPA

The transistors are all small black plastic NPNs, yet Ten-Tec used three
different varieties. That suggests that their characteristics may be
somewhat critical. What substitutes will work?

Thanks, Ken N6KB