[TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

Dukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Thu Jul 20 10:02:55 EDT 2017

In side-by-side comparison, an Icon IC-756 Pro2 notch filter versus an Orion/Eagle type notch filter, using my Pro 2 manual notch filter (which also works in CW, and is inside the AGC loop), I can hear weak but desired signals far more easily with the otherwise inferior Pro 2 than I can with the otherwise superior Orion/Eagle. This is especially true when the offending carrier is keyed, since the Pro 2 receiver is not constantly adjusting gain to compensate for the keyed offending carrier.

One can SORT of obtain similar results by turning off the AGC in the Orion/Eagle when using the notch filter as long as you don’t need any AGC action.

Gary