[TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

Katz Ajamas ajamas.rn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:02:01 EDT 2017

I think my post went missing.

Autotune. Power is reduced because relays are hot switched while tuning and
rating is lower than for static condition. If your power supply has an
ammeter, you'll see lower current while tuning.

Notch. It;s not just for notching carrier. Once the bandwidth is cranked
all the way down, an audio notch filter can be used to 'notch' some of the
audio noise. It makes a difference with a weak signal. The old radio shack
unit works and turns up used at hamfests.

HDSDR can be a help with weak signals in a noisy band. Every once in a
while, it's a tad better than the best I can do with the Eagle controls
 and the other way around too.

I do not know about y'all buy my 300Hz filter is NOT flat in the passband.
Careful adjustment of passband and frequency can find a sweet spot to peak
the signal enough to make all the difference. RF gain has to be watched.

Look for me ah7i/w4 on 40m from Tybee Island GA this Fri and Sat eve.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4

--
-do not look into LASER with remaining eye!