[TenTec] eagle 599 on CW

Michael Tortorella w2iy at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 13:42:55 EDT 2017

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like the phone jack is the way to go.  I have
had bad results trying to solder to DIN and mini-DIN connectors in the past
so would rather avoid that route.  I plan to use DX Lab for logging and
control and N1MM+ for the IOTA contest at end of July.  I have a Winkeyer
USB3 from K1EL so I think with the advice from the list here I can get this
all integrated into a working system (you may recall my op-ed from QST last
year about systems engineering..).

I bought a Herc II from a guy on the list here last December but the USPS
hit it with a forklift on the way here and it was completely trashed.
Fortunately, it was insured, although it took nearly 6 months to get the
claim paid.  So am I still looking for one.

Mahalo & 73

Mike W2IY

  _____