[TenTec] Sending CW With WriteLog To A Yaesu FT1000-MP

k8mp at aol.com k8mp at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 11:41:09 EDT 2017

My two cents Gene:.

My home contesting set up is similar to Marsh's except I use a parallel port to key the rig and the serial port for CAT control.
Most guys don't have a PC old enough to have either of those.

I got lucky when I bought my newest laptop. I was shocked to find an HP ProBook that had a serial port !  I was able to use it's single DB-9 to do both CAT control and CW keying, running either NA Logger or N1MM+
I'm sure WriteLog will work with the same keying interface.

Let us know what ports your PC has so we can give more precise info.

Good luck with it,
Joe, K8MP