[TenTec] Orion II: Flaky Multi encoder

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 05:32:01 EST 2017

Eric, I believe Gary is offering an original encoder (no detents) and there
never was a part number visible on them, but I know it was a discontinued
part.

The only available new part replacement that we know of (Bourns) has
detents.

As far as how hard they are to replace, I would have to characterize it as
an "involved" replacement because so much disassembly of the front panel is
required to get down to the encoder board.

The fact that Bob's encoder started working again is no guarantee IMHO of
how long it will continue to function.  The "connector issues" affecting
encoder function are more typically seen with the Orion 565 than the Orion
II 566.

Barry N1EU