[TenTec] Reflector Op-eds

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 6 16:21:45 EST 2017

On Mon,3/6/2017 1:00 PM, Joe Papworth via TenTec wrote:
> My comments were regarding all the non-techie opinion type stuff which can get old.

What I've learned by reading the mail about the ongoing saga of Ten Tec
and Alpha has also been quite useful. I no longer own Ten Tec
transceivers, only power amps, so the availability of parts and service
doesn't matter -- I can either work on them myself or get help from
locals, and except for specialty parts like band switches, I can source
what I need from a local surplus house or other good parts vendors.

But it DOES matter with respect to Alpha -- I've recently acquired an
87A and an 89, neither of which I would have bought (and at decent
prices) if I hadn't known about current management. And I suspect that
those prices were lower because the sellers didn't know what I did about
current management. :)

73, Jim K9YC