[TenTec] OMNI VI Repair ?

H. M. Motley, Jr, hmmjr at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 08:55:30 EST 2017

I thought I had posted this before but I don't see it on the reflector so here goes again.

After more trouble shooting there is NO problem with the Omni VI.  It was the power supply that failed. It put out rated voltage under no or low load (hence the rig received) but fails under Tx load.  Another power supply put on line did the trick.  All now works!  That just goes to show I need to check all possibilities before jumping to a conclusion.

Thanks to all who sent me info on where to get an O6 repaired.  I will keep this handy for future reference!

73,

Puck W4PM