[TenTec] Model 253 Auto Tuner Inductor realignment???

Paul K. hglent at frii.com
Fri Mar 10 15:58:49 EST 2017

Greetings!
I recently encountered a problem with my TT 253 Automatic Antenna Tuner.
The roller inductor has lost alignment with the logic circuitry.  This
is a condition that occurred with these tuners occasionally. In the past
it was the practice to call the Ten Tec factory and speak with Gary
Green.  He would give a couple brief instructions and a few moments
later the inductor would be back in the correct position.  There is a
paragraph in the Operator's Manual, 2-8 INDUCTOR REALIGNMENT, which
instructs the procedure to realign the inductor.  I have followed the
instructions several times but have not been able to get the inductor to
find the aligned position.
Since Gary isn't around any longer, is there any one who has had this
same or similar problems, and how did you get the roller inductor to
realign?  I have had this tuner for many years, and have only ran into
this alignment issue a couple of times, and Gary came to the rescue.
Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
TNX  es  73  de  WA0BAG
Paul K.
--
Paul K. WA0BAG