[TenTec] OmniVI problem2

Harald Rester harryrester at gmx.de
Wed May 10 13:42:44 EDT 2017

New facts: The power amplifier seems ok so far, at least I have all
voltages of the driver and final bias. Basically, it was really my fault
as I shortened one base of one transistor for a measurement.

Now I tested the PA under following circumstances:

RF 0
Driver Bias 1mA
Final Bias 300mA

Pushing PTT results in an output of 2W with a current of 2A, but the
current is increasing rapidly - after 10 seconds the current is 3A with
abt 3Watts output.
Second crazy thing: SWR is still indefinite (into dummy or antenna).
Opinions are welcome!

73, Harry, DH1NBE