[TenTec] Omni 6 Plus Problem Solved

Michael C Marx sndtubes at vacuumtubes.com
Fri May 26 10:59:29 EDT 2017

Hey Guys.

Thanks for all of the responses.  My Omni 6 Plus is ok. So, I discovered that when I was re-seating the connectors, I got one 1 pin off. DOH!  That brought it back, but the display was still messed up. I tried re-seating the connectors between the display and display driver board. Didn't help. Then I put a tiny bit of De-Oxit in each one of the holes in those connectors. Voila!  Display is now stable and the radio works fine. It needs a new memory battery, and dial knob tire, but otherwise is all good. This is part of a Closet Kilowatt purchased at Dayton with a 253 auto tuner and Hercules 2 amp. Very slick setup. I do need to purchase a dial knob tire if anyone has one for sale.

73
Mike WB0SND

Sent from my iPhone