[TenTec] Your success with Motorola transistors.

Curt Benjamin k8aicurt at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 21:33:38 EDT 2017

Bob, the PA board part number is HLB3050 and the xistor is marked "M29U01" (those lousy Motorola parts markings).
Since there's only one final transistor per radio in the Maxtrac, I needed two power amps. Now, I'm wishing I would have grabbed all the PA's off the low-band Maxtracs we sent to salvage.
I've been giving this rig the shakedown lately... I almost forgot how enjoyable the 546B is to operate. Such a quiet receiver. I might have a hard time letting this one go.
Curt, K8AI