[TenTec] TT PTO stuff

Brian brianpepperdine at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 6 16:46:04 EST 2017

I had tried to post earlier in the week and the mail was rejected, but I tried to re-subscribe and The Robot says I already am, so I am trying again.

I had wanted to see if there was any real consensus (yet) on grease to re-build a TT PTO (in a Century 21). I have searched the Archives and see all sort of ideas...some of which are products I cannot readily/at all get in Canada (such as Mobil 1 grease). Maybe there IS a bicycle axle grease that does the job..dunno.. but I am leaning toward white lithium grease. Comments?

A query to TT Service got a reply from them that the PTO re-build kit is not available, so that is out.

I hope the PTOs I have here are not subjected to worn parts and only have thickened and hardened grease, such that I can make them work I have a number of TT radios that have landed here and really should be moved on in working condx.

Otherwise I will have to seriously consider what I can do in the way of a DDS or Arduino  solution in place of PTO.

So the Century 21 I picked up at a hamfest last weekend will be the first one I try to do without TT kit. Will see...then it will be onward to the OMNI D and what else I feel must go to a new home.

Too bad we have lost the real good Legacy Care and parts but alas time has marked on.

Brien

VE3VAW

Toronto ON