[TenTec] 20/17

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue Nov 28 17:03:10 EST 2017

So, a few months back, I mentioned (see below) that I'd lost 20 & 17 on my
Omni VI+.  I still haven't had a chance to crack the rig open and
troubleshoot it (sorry, but life keeps getting in the way) although I got
some good suggestions.

One of the reasons is that I was given another Omni VI+, which is what I've
been using lately, so there's been no rush.

Funny thing happened, though.  For reasons that aren't important, I put my
original (call it the 'black dot' VI+) back online during the CQ WW on
Saturday.  (The second VI+, call it the 'orange dot', has some issues on 10
meters, one of the reasons it was given to me).  After about a couple of
hours, I accidentally hit the button for 20... and 20 was back alive, as was
17!

During the course of the weekend and the last couple of days, it now appears
that 20 & 17 are totally dead for about 20 minutes to a half hour or so, and
after the rig has 'warmed up', they come back, like nothing was ever wrong.

This ring a bell with anyone?

73, ron w3wn