[TenTec] paragon question

Rod Greene w7zrc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 18:38:00 EDT 2017

Thanks Ken, I am going to try to check that out myself. I think I can find a freq counter.
73, Rod/w7zrc

    On Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 1:55:26 PM MDT, Ken Brown <kenradiobrown at gmail.com> wrote:

 Yes, controlled by a microprocessor and a digital rotary encoder on the
main VFO knob. There is no PTO and no mechanical moving parts directly
controlling an oscillator.

Frequency readout error in Paragons can be due to master reference
oscillator being off frequency. All the PLLs are dependent on that one
reference oscillator. I think Paragons also have BFOs with separtate
frequency adjustments, not locked to the master reference, as in Omni VI,
and if that is true BFOs out of adjustment will also mess up frequency
calibration even if master reference is perfect.

DE N6KB