[TenTec] RE Paragraphs

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Oct 19 02:47:12 EDT 2017

I fully agree with the criticism that a long text with no paragraph spacing
is difficult to read, but this thread has brought up a very interesting
aspect:  differences in email clients.

I prefer working in html mode, not text mode.  Sometimes I write what I
believe to be a good looking text, with proper single line spacing.  Then
when I receive my email, all of the lines have double or triple spacing.

I am using Microsoft Outlook as an email client for my private emails.

I use T'bird for my business email accounts.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

"This" email will probably look messed up in one way or another.

When I remember to switch my email to text mode, then it looks OK, but then
you can't use things like bulleted points and a few other options which help
enhance intelligibility.

One thing I thought might be influencing it is, my email server is located
in Germany.  Maybe the European based servers use some kind of different
encoding than the US-based servers, due to the slew of extra characters we
are confronted with.

73

Rick, DJ0IP