[TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

Curt Benjamin k8aicurt at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 18:15:07 EDT 2017

Steve WIK and Bob, thanks for the links to the DDS kits. If one of them just had a voltage-controlled RIT line and I could limit the output between 5 and 5.5MHz, I would jump on one of them. Right now, the DDS controller code I have now will do RIT but only with the encoder. I'd like to be able to use the existing RIT knob on, for example, my Corsair II.
Regarding encoders, You should be able to find a nice optical encoder with no detents and a PPR near 256-or-so on fleabay for about $20. A while ago, I found some better-than OEM Bourns optical encoders that are drop-in replacements for the ones in the Omni 6 for $14, shipped. I should have bought more than two!
Curt, K8AI