[TenTec] OT: (way OT) Email clients for Windows

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Oct 28 16:12:35 EDT 2017

I agree with you and Jim, Carl... but as a professional marketing guy for
many years, T'Bird has it downside.  It doesn't handle images well.

With Msft. I can copy any image out of an email and paste it to any other
Msft. app.
With T-Bird, I first have to save the image in a standard format, and then I
can copy and paste it.  One more step.  Often I just forward it to one of my
Outlook accounts and copy it out of there.

But as a pure mail client as such, I much prefer it over Outlook.

73
Rick, Dj0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Carl
Moreschi
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2017 9:18 PM
To: k9yc at arrl.net; Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: (way OT) Email clients for Windows

I could not agree with Jim more on this.  I have been using Thunderbird
exclusively for 7 years now and it is way better than any Microsoft email
program.

What I really like about Thunderbird is it uses all ascii text files.
That means you can write your own programs to automatically set things up
and build lists for any unique thing you might need.  It really helps me
with my N4PY Software business.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549