[TenTec] Centurion Trubleshooting help

MadScientist1948 dukeshifi at comcast.net
Fri Apr 27 10:59:14 EDT 2018

I am sure you already knew this but, sad personal experience told me that you must not run 3-500 tubes in any position but vertical. If you do, you will get the F-F short you got. Just a reminder in case you did not know.

The G-F short may have damaged one parts on the Filament-AC hard.

Try removing connector 22 from that board and applying ~5 VDC positive there to see if you get plate current as this will pull the cathode to ground plus the bias voltage.

You should get normal idle plate current.

This is the point at which keying voltage from the QSK board gets to the 3-500’s to set the cathodes to ground offset by the bias voltage (it uses the B- from the HV Rectifier board).

Anything to functioning on that board would give you a no plate current condition.

Gary