[TenTec] continuing: Omni 6+ no receive and very low power on 12/15 m

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Sun Apr 29 21:40:55 EDT 2018

Hello all,

Several days ago, I reported my Omni 6+ had no power or receive on 12
meters and 15 meters.  From what I remembered and what I saw here, I
thought it would be in the output filters.  I bought and received some
replacement relays and installed them.  When I checked the ones I
removed, they were fine.  Put it back together and fired it up, with the
same results.

Tore into it again.  Made sure I had 12 volts on the connector terminal
when the switch was on 15 meters.   I applied my external 12 volts to
the dc input connector (#14?) and relays would click just fine.
Inspected the 15 meter trace under a magnifier and checked the 100 ohm
R's on one end of the 12 volt buss and the inductors on the other end.
In the selected filter, all L and C components looked to have nice shiny
and clean solder joints.    I removed all caps specific to the 15 meter
filter and checked them.  I removed everything but the inductors
specific to 15 meters

My actual power is about 1 watt out, not totally zero.

What else might cause this issue?  I'm confident I've done all I can on
the LP filter board.  Or, does someone have a suggestion?

73 de Steve, NR4M