[TenTec] Centurion & Tubes

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Fri Aug 3 22:27:35 EDT 2018

Hi Bob,

The 3-500 is subject to going gassy.  IF and that's a big if, I put the
old Eimac 3-500 in the amp (best I can read the date code on it, it was
made in 1979); I'll bring the amp up with a variac.  The variac I have
is 110/120 volts, so I'd have to re-wire the amp since it's wired for
220 volts.  Yes, when a tube flashes over; it's fireworks for sure!

73

Stan
KM4HQE