[TenTec] Centurion 422 amp keying issues

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Fri Aug 17 21:27:43 EDT 2018

Although I've not researched my documentation on the topic, I do recall
that one must jumper D2 on the QSK board to assure that the amplifier
would key correctly from the Omni VII.

As to release of the T/R relay, if Q4 on the QSK board is leaky or is
not turned off by U2 then the T/R relay will stay engaged. This will
require a bit of trouble shooting on the QSK board to determine the
exact cause as to why the T/R relay is being held engaged.  Also, the RF
Sense transistor, Q3, being defective will command the T/R relay to stay
closed, even after RF is removed.

To my knowledge, there are no replacement boards available for the
Centurion series.

73

Bob, K4TAX