[TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI

Greg S oldlongbeard at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 11:19:51 EDT 2018

Carlos-
It is very interesting, the differing opinions between operators on this subject. I think the other fellows who have commented have given some good ideas on headphones. I think my Argonaut VI has the best received audio of any rig I have ever used.... and I have owned over 80 different HF rigs over the past 20 years. I hope you can give your Argonaut 539 another go. Yes, there can certainly be some "digital artifacts" heard in the audio while turning the VFO. The 539 is certainly not alone there. But your Corsair doesn't. It is a MECHANICAL VFO. (That occasionally needs maintenance.) I operate my Argonaut VI like many of my older , mostly analog rigs. Increase the AF gain, and "drive" with the RF gain. Seems to work for me. Hope some of our comments help you re-evaluate your 539.
73-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO