[TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI

Reed w4jz at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 20 15:56:13 EDT 2018

Carlos, I don't hear the hiss on my Argonaut VI unless I put head phones
on & listen very carefully.  I'm guessing you have the AF turned all the
way down, counter clockwise?  And that depends on what make headphones I
use.  With Kenwood HS-5 yes, but with some old Bose over the ear
headphones just barely hear the hiss. As far as the weak pulsing noise
from the encoder, yes can hear that if I listen very carefully, but with
antenna connected all that stuff is eliminated with band noise.

Comparing the Argonaut VI to a Corsair II is not a fair comparison.  I
never owned a Corsair II, but I've heard they have one of the quietest
receivers ever built by Ten Tec.

73,

Reed W4JZ