[TenTec] list opinion(s) on Omni VII and/versus Orion

Byron Cordes byroncordes at icloud.com
Tue Dec 4 23:43:05 EST 2018

I think you are comparing two deferent radio designs,up conversion Omni ll and down conversion The Orion. The Omni ll is more like the Japan manufacturers of the 1980-90s . The Orion turned the manufacturers back to low conversion again with its performance! The second stock rx in the Orion isn’t anything to talk about compared to the main! You can get a optional rx  board 366 . That rx board is good but are rare and expensive!
 I have had multiple Orion’s . Sold tried something else sold back and forth. I have a Orion  and two other radios each has there special use .
  I never been a fan of up conversion . Think B Henry at Ten Tec said buy a Orion and if you want general coverage buy a second short wave receiver. instead of up conversion in one radio .  Anyway have fun . 73s Byron AC9PA

Sent from my iPad