[TenTec] Fwd: Re: FT8

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 7 23:17:31 EST 2018

Thanks for helping with additional clarifications, Greg.

For what it's worth, CAT control is NOT a requirement to run FT8. In
WSJT-X settings, simply choose NO radio, and for Split Mode choose Fake
It, which will shift audio on TX when needed. You simply need to set
both your radio and WSJT-X to the right frequency (so it will correctly
log your QSOs).

I've always used VOX for both SSB and all digital modes, including FT8,
RTTY, and other WSJT-X modes.

Yes, I did do a lot of work with Ward on the book. We also collaborate
on several topics in the ARRL Handbook and Antenna Book. I'm happy that
you find it useful. Ward is both technically sharp and a very good writer.

73, Jim