[TenTec] Orion vs Orion II DSP Filters

pa5mw at home.nl pa5mw at home.nl
Thu Dec 13 02:18:48 EST 2018

Just to clarify something here;  because I like the 100Hz BW at fw 1.x
better than at 3.x does not mean the generation 3 fw is not good or
anything.
There is a world of differences between 1.x and 3.x

For putting things into perspective:

-  The mentioned "100Hz BW performance experience" is valid at my local
QRM/QRN/MM-noise situation
-  I use it on the low-bands , mainly 160m
- Any other support act (like V3 APF or any external digital/analog  APF)
does not do it for me
- YMMV

- Generation 3.x fw  a LOT of  bugs are solved
- Generation 3.x fw  offers small incremental upgrades on several smaller
items/issues
- Generation 3.x fw  offers many new options like fully adjustable APF,
different S-meter-settings/ballistics and per S-unit adjustment table, etc.
etc
- Generation 3.x fw  supports the RX-366 upgrade 2nd RX-unit
- Generation 3.x fw   holds all the good of 2.x and then some, check at :
https://tentecwiki.eqth.net/doku.php?id=orionfw#version_3

73
Mark PA5MW