[TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters

MadScientist dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 14:46:25 EST 2018

More likely than alignment as an issue, would be the switching diodes for 12 meters, or, again, bad soldering of the circuitry around those diodes and associated coils.

You can check the continuity of the tuned coils in-circuit since the shunting paths are say to account for.

Also, try connecting a 0.01 uF capacitor across the entire bandpass filter (Cathode of D21 to Cathode of D22 will accomplish this) and see if receive level reaches near-expectation level. This will prove that you are looking in the right place.

Do not transmit under this condition1

Gary