[TenTec] Omni - C Finals

weaver615 weaver615 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 10:11:45 EST 2018

Hi All;

I have an Omni - C and I when I first got it, signal reports were consistently 59 - 20 over....Now, Signal reports are little to no audio and no signal to nothing at all. I have the Dirve all the way to 10 from what it used to be set at about 5,  just to be heard. My receive is awesome, no problem there. My system consists of Ten-Tec Omni -C, Homebrew Dipole up approx 20 feet, MFJ -901B manual antenna tuner
I'm wondering if I burned out the Finals or if it's the bands, or maybe my antenna....I have a feeling it may be the antenna (dipole up about 20 feet) Because If I remember my radio repair days, if you can transmit and be heard your finals are working....Any ideas and/or advice on if it is the finals or anything else??? New to the Ten Tec Rig so any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance

Bill - K2WPL