[TenTec] C21 - AF Control

David Goncalves davegoncalves at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:57:46 EST 2018

Follow-up: Its an original pot that is broken; the wiper is able to keep
turning past its limit. I bought the board from Gary. I also got a deal on
a 'parts rig' that really only needed a surface cleaning and PTO re-lube,
so I am all set twice over.

Related: I made a headphone attenuator effective at reducing audio hum that
occurs from using high sensitivity headphones. I made one from a pair of
resistors (0.47, 10), a cylincrical 3.5mm jack and a large 1/4" plug and
epoxied it all up. Very happy.

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Stuart Rohre <Rohre at arlut.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Likely someone replaced a noise inducing pot with whatever they had in the
> junk box.  Audio taper pots are not as common anymore.
>
> Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH

David Goncalves