[TenTec] Missing display digits Omni VI+

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Thu Jan 11 17:21:15 EST 2018

If it's the same board as the Omni V, there are soldered wires passing

from one side of the display board to the other, some under socketed chips.

Those wires must have been floor sweepings; they have corroded in

my O-5 a time or two.  Heat them with a small soldering iron or replace

them with copper....and you will be in business!

You will have to study the thing carefully to find the pass-thrus, but it

is an easy fix if you are careful.

The Omni-V and Omni-VI are great radios!

de K8RYU