[TenTec] Cleaning Tentec switches

Gary dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 15:46:41 EST 2018

I have used CRC non-residue cleaner on Ten The radios successfully for decades with no adverse effects.

Ten Tec switches are neither better nor worse than anyone else’s.

The real key is to not leave behind any residues or lubricants.

There is reason for caution regarding the plastic wafer switches in some radios but, by only using the lowest amount to achieve the task, they will be safe too.

If you are really concerned, you can use an air gun to blow the liquid out of the wafer (and away from your face) as soon as your switch starts working again.

Gary

Sent from my iPad