[TenTec] Omni VI minor woes

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Sun Jul 15 21:34:50 EDT 2018

Hi Mike,

My old brain hasn't relearned CW yet.  I know about half the alphabet if
not sent more than about 18 wpm.  Maybe I can relearn it before I become
a SK.

I meant the thread you started.  I didn't want to high jack it, so I
started this one.

Yes, what Bob, K4TAX, was talking about is the windows power save
feature will turn the USB ports off after x period of time.  I don't use
window, I'm a long time Linux user, but it too has the ability to turn
off the USB ports to save power.

Yes, I've heard great things about the Eagle receiver.  Too bad you
weren't able to work KH1/KH7Z.  Yes, it will likely be a long time
before it's activated again. I had the same problem with VP8. Doubt it
will be activated again anytime soon either.  KH1/KH7Z was kind of
spotty here at times, especially on SSB. Seemed like the last day they
were there, signals were way up here on all bands and modes.  I managed
to get in their log on 4 bands using the FT8 mode.  I beat on the Omni
VI a bit doing that too.  The PA heatsink and the heatsink on 961 power
supply both have fans. So, it never got all that warm.

Oh, I haven't seen the Omni VI throw the receive problem fit today.
Maybe it was just tired, like me...

73

Stan
KM4HQE