[TenTec] Jupiter xmt issue & WTB: used TT xcvr (Jupiter, Omni VII, Corsair II, Argosy II, Scout...)

robert robj22020 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:41:49 EDT 2018

Greetings,

My blue screen Jupiter is having xmt issues.  Built in auto-tuner will
tune initially, and rig will briefly xmt full power but after a little
xmting it stops and puts out 0 watts and tuner will no longer tune.

Problem persists when switching to dummy load (including feedline swap).

Anyone out there seen this problem before and / or have some ideas of
the likely issues causing this?

I contacted TT service by email, yet to hear  back -- but it looks like
it is quite a cost just to ship it to TN and for them to diagnose the
issue and if they still carry the parts necessary to fix it.

(which may result in a substantial cost and yet the rig being returned
w/out any repairs performed.)

- - - -

I have no back-up rig and was wondering if anyone out there has a TT rig
in excess to their needs they would sell to a loving home ;-)

if so let me know what you have and what you want for it.

(note: i am willing to drive 5 to 6 hours to avoid make it easy on
seller and rig if you are close enough to my QTH)

Rob N9KX Indiana

my email is good on QRZ