[TenTec] Omni VI frequency jumping/drifting

k4mt1950 at charter.net k4mt1950 at charter.net
Thu Jun 28 10:34:13 EDT 2018

I have been over entire PLL circuit and resoldered all the
connections. Also inspected entire logic board for bad solder. I think
the PLL circuit analog components are too temp sens. I could heat it
with hair dryer and see PLL control V start cycling. Blow air from a
fan on it and it stops. Again its a very small variation and you have
to look for it to find it.
Freeze spray on individual components was inconclusive.

Gary K4MT