[TenTec] I surrender

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 4 14:18:24 EST 2018

If VOX can be set to work on the input that you're using for digital
modes, consider using it. Since getting hot and heavy with RTTY  more
than ten years ago and WSJT modes about five years ago, I've had rigs
that do allow VOX from the line input that I use to feed audio from the
computer. Since 2008 I've used K3s; before that, FT1000MPs, both rigs
driving Titan 425 amps. (I think the line input on the MPs might have
been called the "patch" input).

I never use anything but VOX for digital modes and SSB -- it works great
and saves me from the complications that are being discussed here. I use
MMTTY and 2Tone for RTTY. The same setup works great for playing back CQ
messages during contests.

73, Jim K9YC