[TenTec] parts

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Mar 22 18:59:22 EDT 2018

Ah, Rodney?  They can't sell what they don't have.

RKR was in the process of quietly liquidating Ten Tec before Mike stepped in
and bought it.  Including most if not close to all of the existing stockpile
of spare parts.

Now since they are back in business (even if not back to manufacturing yet)
and repairing gear, clearly they've restocked many of the parts.  But not
all.

And... when I last inquired about it, and this was shortly after Ten Tec
started doing repair work again, I was told that they simply didn't have
that large a stockpile of Omni VII internal tuners available overall, and at
that moment, none to spare as they were waiting on some more to come in.
BUT, they would be willing to install one if I sent my rig in for factory
service.  Couldn't swing it at the time (a small vehicle emergency took care
of the spare shekels), with any luck I can revisit it again in the future.

I hardly think the situation, while not ideal (hell, if the situation was
ideal, Mike would have been able to acquire Ten Tec before the RKR
liquidators got their hands on it!) calls for cussing him out.

But if you really feel that way, you are more than welcome to ship my your
Ten Tec gear, and I'll make sure it has a good home.

73, ron w3wn