[TenTec] Parts

Rich H rhattaway at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:58:42 EDT 2018

I did try to purchase a ramp washer for the PTO in an Omni D.  Now I admit that it is not a huge purchase, but I'd have loved to get my hands on a new one or three.  The response was " We have them, they are $25 minimum order, plus shipping "  .  Now I know that they are trying to make money, and no doubt they make more fixing PTO's than selling parts that may not have replacements available.  It's all a business decision, and of course they would sell me parts, just at ridiculous prices.

Point is, they would make more PR points, I think, if they took care of their old customers.  Even those that want to buy a handfull of really cheap injection molded washers.  But what I think and somewhere between $ 0.79 and $ 7.50 will get you a cup of coffee, and that's about all.  It's not a crime to want to make money, and being an independent business guy, I understand both sides.  They have the parts, and they will sell them.

Now if anybody wants a picture string on how to make the said ramp washer, I will be glad to provide it.. and I won't charge anything.  And mine wont collapse after 30 years.   Just email me 😊
Dick
W4PID
I have not seen anything to support the assertion that TT will not sell
parts to owners of TT equipment.  It would have circulated on this list
first, that I read daily.

Now in the case of radios more than 10 years old, that likely is the
case as a practical matter, since older parts are often discontinued by
suppliers.  The same is true of auto shops, they often have to resort to
used parts when supplies dry up.

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH