[TenTec] Carrier sliding across bands

Carlos carlos.peco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:16:47 EDT 2018

Ionosonde ?

73,
Carlos VK1EA

On Thursday, October 25, 2018, MadScientist <dukeshifi at comcast.net> wrote:
> Well, I entered the SDR world with my new IC-7300! That’s off topic but
what I have observed with it is very much on topic.

> Over the past year I have heard, on all rigs, a carrier sweeping across
the band (all bands). It is fairy strong.

> The landscape ,on the 7300 is fast enough to observe the nature of this.
The signal consists of actually three peaks that typically start on the low
end of a given band and sweep the range of 200 KHz in about 2 seconds, with
the speed being nearly constant, as evidenced by the sloping line that the
signal makes on the waterfall display.

> That line is almost perfectly monotonic across the entire scope window.
>
> In addition, I sometimes see a carrier that makes a back-hand-forth
movement on the waterfall display.

> Does anyone have any idea what be the origin of this signal??
>
> I know it’s not a radio artifact as I have herd this on a dozen different
radios. Also, if I disconnect the antenna, this is never heard.