[TenTec] Argosy 2

Martin Sole hs0zed at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 01:14:16 EDT 2018

Hi Snowy,

Whenever I've had similar problems, and it does happen time to time here
though different rigs, never seen an Argosy, it's often a result of a
nearby surge event, lightning strike. Look at T1 and T6 to see if they
are particularly fine wire. In all the cases I've seen similar deafness
it has been either switching diodes that are open circuit or a fine wire
transformer with an open circuit winding. Even with the sig gen as far
back as C11/D4 I would think -80 to -90 should produce a fair signal.

Martin, HS0ZED