[TenTec] omni 6 front end board

Ken Brown kenradiobrown at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:23:36 EDT 2018

I'm not finding the part number for U1. I do not see it as suspect for a RX
sensitivity issue, since the documentation says it is an active mixer
circuit used in transmit mode. If the T/R mode switching diodes (D7, 8, 9,
10, 29, 30) are working U1 and Q1 cannot have much effect on the receive
function.

The 20 dB attenuator (R10, 11) is switched in/out with relay K1. Does the
RX sensitivity get even worse when you switch the attenuator on? I suspect
electromechanical components first. Such as connectors, switches and relays.

DE N6KB