[TenTec] Paragon 585

ROLAND HOWELL snowy.howell at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 26 08:10:10 EDT 2018

 Hi GentsWas hoping to give some good news today, I changed Q18 (fet j310) as I had signal going in but nowt ( nothing) coming out of it, refitted the board and was rewarding with NO PLL out of lock message, checked all the bands, still in lock so I thought great, stuck an antenna in the back and nothing, deaf, put a large signal into it again nothing, tried the TX, also nothing, then I heard the dreaded beep beeping, no not my language but the pll out of lock again.Checked all voltages and frequencies but got all the correct indications, did a soft reset (broken) button on the side, nothing took the logic board out after disconnecting the back up battery, refitted, same indications.Taken a while to remove the wood splinters from my fingers after scratching my head trying to think of what I had done.Still studying the manual!.So once again any and all help/pointers will be appreciated  regardsSnowy