[TenTec] Argosy II Low Power

Finegan Daniel dantomfin at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 13:51:59 EDT 2019

Hi -
The subject here is a recently acquired Argosy which is only putting out about 20 watts on the high power setting. The low power options seems right on at 5 watts.
The final amplifier was previously modified as follows, apparently to alter the bias to the final transistors:
D1 was changed to an IN749A.R7 was removed and left unconnected.R2 was replaced with a 5K variable resistor.
The bias to the driver is correct at 30 ma.The bias to the finals will only adjust to a little less the 100 ma. If I attempt to adjust it any higher, it sharply jumps to more than 500 ma.
If anyone would like to see the hand drawn schematic of the modification, I can email them off list.
My technical skills are limited, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
73 - DanN3DTF