[TenTec] Ten-Tec Argosy II S meter not working (MadScientist)

MadScientist dukeshifi at comcast.net
Fri Apr 12 11:13:59 EDT 2019

If you have  digital multimeter, you can measure the resistance of, and movement of the meter movement, though all you really can about is the movement part.

Using any range other than the diode check position (which delivers up to 1 volt to the test load!), you can connect t he positive lead of your DMM to the positive of the meter. Tap quickly the negative lead to the negative on the meter. The meter should deflect a bit upwards and not stick.

The low voltage offered by a modern DMM is not enough to hurt the meter so you can do this safely. Moet reliable results come if you remove one lead between the radio and the meter, or unplug its plug at the PC board.

Gary