[TenTec] hamvention

Rodney w3krq at dejazzd.com
Mon Apr 22 12:39:19 EDT 2019

Great news       73 Rodney

-----Original Message-----
From: robert
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:25 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] hamvention

Does anyone know if Ten Tec will have an appearance at hamvention?

73 Paul K9OT

- - - -

Hi Paul,

Ten-Tec / Dishtronix Owner Mike N8WFF posted at eham on January 17, 2019
that they will be at Hamvention 2019 (see part of message pasted at
bottom below)

73 Rob N9KX

- - - -

As I have stated previously I have had to make a choice to focus on the
commercial accounts in order to generate enough revenue to continue in
the amateur market.  It is a lot easier to service one customer who buys
100K of a single product than 50 hams buying a 2K transceiver.
  Commercial real estate is EXPENSIVE people. Ten Tec needed millions of
dollars to be returned to its former state.  You need over 100K of
inventory to build even a simple product and Ten Tec has dozens of
products.  They have discontinued more products that every other
remaining US manufacturer combined.

The companies are doing just fine.  In a few months I will be unveiling
a few things that will prove that.  I have said that the Omni 7+ is the
first product I'm bringing back for amateur market and I will unveil the
unit soon.

To anyone who doubts it, I'll say it again. I'm not going anywhere.
  These companies are here to stay with me as long as I'm living,
healthy and able to operate them.  With luck I should live another 20
years.  I don't give up and I don't quit.  I've turned these businesses
around and nursed them back to health.  I'm just starting.  You haven't
seen ANYTHING of what we have planned for you.  I'll issue a warning to
the naysayers and critics -  you are going to have to eat your words.
  What are you going to say when the new products hit the market, top
the charts, satisfy the customers and everybody wants one?  Your
criticisms are here forever for anyone to read and associate with your
call.  What is it going to make you look like when you are finally shown
to be completely wrong?  Go back and look at all of the comments that
Ten Tec is out of business and circling the drain three years ago.
  Still here.  Still circling I guess.  guess what -  still in business,
still will be at Hamvention, will continue to be in business. [ --
N8WFF] [
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,123601.16.html ]