[TenTec] Version 3.033xd July 9, 2013

pa5mw at home.nl pa5mw at home.nl
Tue Aug 13 10:25:31 EDT 2019

Original supplied 'How to' yxt file:

pdating the FLASH FIRMWARE on Ten-Tec Orion

Refer to "74474 Orion565n566 User Manual Addendum V3 Firmware.pdf"
for more details on Version 3 firmware, and the RAM Clear and Master Reset
sequences.

1) Turn Transceiver OFF.
2) Connect a PC to the transceiver using the appropriate cable.
3) Turn the Transceiver ON while holding down the USER2 button.
   Wait for display to indicate "Flash Update Mode"
4) Start the Update program
    Windows "START"
	"All Programs"
	"Ten-Tec"
	"OrionII Firmware Update"
	"OrionII Firmware Update"
5) Choose SETUP under the SETTINGS menu to then select the COM port
   to which the Transceiver is attached. And select OK.
6) Choose UPDATE under the PROCESS menu.
7) Select the RUF file under the Process Menu.
8) The program will update the radio and report any errors encountered.
   During the update process the Orion screen will indicate the current
   line being processed.
9) A RAM Clear and Master Reset MUST be performed when transitioning between

   V1/V2/V3 firmware.