[TenTec] Internal meter strangeness on Orion 2

Petr Ourednik indians at xsmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:51:25 EDT 2019

Hi folks,

sorry to bother you over here.
I found an interresting things on O2 internal meter so i would like to ask for help.

At first I found that the analog power meter on O2 is showing only 35W when the power is set to full 100 on display. An external calibrated NAS power meter to dummy load says 96W on 20m so it looks like analog internal power meter issue? I know it can be adjusted but I am investigating around before I will touch it inside...

Second I found that LCD screen slightly flickering or dimming when keying the TX. It is not so much but it is visible on all bands. I checked the PSU, power cable, all looks ok, it drawing around 20-22A on key down, ferrite clamps on both ends of cable are used.

I upgraded O2 from old V3.025 to V3.033xd then RAM clearance + Master reset done > filters setup has been done then after. So I do not know if it can be related to that fw upgrade?

I know these are not major issues as the rest of O2 works nice and i enjoying it but I would be happy to solve it...

Thanks,
73 - Petr, OK1RP