[TenTec] jupiter panadaptor build

wt4t at reagan.com wt4t at reagan.com
Thu Aug 29 10:20:34 EDT 2019

Vic
 thanks for the info will check it out.
73
dale
wt4t
-----Original Message-----
From: "Vic Klein via TenTec" <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:16am
To: tentec at contesting.com
Cc: "Vic Klein" <vhklein at ptd.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] jupiter panadaptor build

If you have or can route the IF to the rear, using one of the inexpensive
30mHz-up SDR dongles can make a nice panadapter running HFSDR or similar on
your PC. You can link the rig and the waterfall displays using software like
OmniRig. That is basically what 3-Rivers did for the Omni VII and it
provides up to 3mHz of span (can easily be zoomed to a more practical
200kHz) on the screen. They have closed, but their illustrative manual on
hooking everything up is on line with some searching.

73, =Vic=

WA4THR

--------------------------

tentec at CONTESTING.COM <mailto:tentec%40CONTESTING.COM>

[TenTec] jupiter panadaptor build

dale via TenTec <tentec at contesting.com <mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec at contesting.com
<mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

Wed, 28 Aug 2019 12:34:06 -0500 (CDT)

<mailto:tentec at contesting.com>

Picked up a very nice jupiter a while back, great cw rig. anyway I have run

flexradio gear for a number of years and have really gotten used to the

panadaptor. Is there a way I can add a panadaptor to the Ten Tec jupiter?

Would like to do this without getting deeply involved in software etc.Is
there

a simple way to get this done with the right software and one of those dusk

dawn little receivers? I found one article about using a flex 1500 and n4py

software etc, but it was written years before all this new cheap gear was

around.

 A poke in the right direction would be great, keep it simple ,my 78 year

old brain absorbs slowly.

73

dale

wt4t