[TenTec] (no subject)

Bob DeVarney W1ICW w1icw at myfairpoint.net
Mon Dec 23 09:34:05 EST 2019

First I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the folks who have responded
to my request for a schematic- the response has been simply overwhelming
and I have tried to reply privately to thank each and every one of you.

I don't want to appear ungrateful but so far you've all sent me the
schematic I already have.

In the hopes of saving somebody some upload time, I am specifically
looking for the schematic for the 80975 Oscillator Mixer board for the
Corsair II but ONLY if the schematic shows U1= MC1496, NOT a TL422. I
already have a copy of the schematic with U1=TL422, so please, please
don't send me another one.

I am beginning to suspect I have a very, very late model Corsair II,
perhaps one of the last ones made before the model line was
discontinued, and I suspect the TL422 had been discontinued by the
manufacturer (Texas Instruments) which necessitated an emergency
redesign of the Oscillator Mixer board around a chip that was available,
the Motorola MC1496. I've heard from one other TenTec owner who also has
his Corsair on the bench who has the same board as mine, so I am in
hopes that maybe in the archives somewhere there might be a hand-drawn
schematic.

Fortunately my board appears to be working properly, but I would like to
have the correct schematic to add to my manual for future reference.

Again, please excuse my seeming ungratefulness, but if you're planning
to send me a schematic, please check it first before you send it to me,
and potentially save us both some time.

On a separate note, does anyone know of a source of knobs, or "knob
brights", the polished aluminum inserts used? I am missing one of the
inserts on my Drive knob and would like to find a replacement if possible.

Thanks again, and VY 73 de Bob W1ICW

-